A non-Cypriot citizen will be eligible to apply for the acquisition of the Cypriot Citizenship, provided condition 1 plus any of the alternative investment options 2 to 5 are met:
1. The applicant must have made the following donations: (a) €75.000 to the Cyprus Land Development Corporation and (b) €75.000 to the Research & Innovation Foundation
2. Investment in real estate, land development or infrastructure projects of at least €2 million (excluding VAT).
3. Purchase or creation or participation in Cypriot Businesses and Companies in the amount of at least €2 million (excluding VAT) and operating in Cyprus.
4. Investment in Alternative Investment Funds (AIF’s) or in Registered Alternative Investment Funds (RAIF’s) or financial assets of Cypriot businesses or Cypriot companies licensed by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySec) of at least €2 million.
5. Investment of at least €2,000,000 (excluding VAT) in a combination of the aforementioned investment options 2 to 4.
• Any investor who is 18 years old and above.
• The spouse of the investor and minor children, as well as financially dependent children up to the age of 28.
• Parents of the investor, subject only to acquiring residential property of at least €500.000 + VAT (if applicable).
Important conditions & requirements
• In all investment options 2 to 5 listed above the applicant must own a permanent residence in Cyprus with a market value of at least €500.000 (excluding VAT). In case members of the same family apply separately as investors they can collectively purchase a residential property provided its total purchase price covers the amount of €500.000 (excluding VAT) for each applicant.
• In the event that the applicant will invest under Criterion 2 – ‘Investment in real estate, land development and infrastructure projects’, by purchasing a residential property amounting to at least €500,000 (excluding VAT), then they will not have to purchase another residential property of €500.000 provided that one of the residential units is worth at least €500.000 (excluding VAT) and provided that they will keep in their possession the said permanent residential property for life.
• The main investment may be sold after 5 years;
During the period of 5 years the applicant can replace his/her investment under certain conditions.
• Properties purchased up to 3 years prior to the submission of the citizenship application will count towards the required investment.
• Applicants must hold a clean criminal record from the country of origin or country of residence if different.
• Applicants who have applied for citizenship in another EU Member State and have been rejected are not eligible to obtain the Cyprus citizenship.
In addition to making an investment, the applicant must also meet the following criteria:
• Clean Criminal Record from the Country of Origin for adult participants.
• Hold a valid Schengen Visa (if required).
• Holder of a residence permit in Cyprus for a period of at least six months – can apply simultaneously with the naturalization application but must hold a valid residence permit for a period of at least six months prior to the examination of the application for naturalization.
• Cypriot Citizenship provides full European rights and benefits, i.e. Freedom of Movement (travel, reside, study and work), freedom of Capital, freedom of Goods and freedom of Services.
• Investor and all family members (up to adult dependents aged 18-27) can obtain the Cyprus Citizenship, including parents of investor, with an additional residential property of a minimum €500.000 (excl. VAT).
• Cyprus Citizenship provides visa-free access to over 173 countries.
• Applicant can make use of the Cyprus and
• E.U. grants, such as for studies or business.
• No stay requirement to reside in Cyprus after obtaining the Cypriot Citizenship.
• There is no language requirement. Dual citizenship is permitted in Cyprus.
• The applicant can become a tax resident in Cyprus, if he/she spends more than 183 days in any one calendar year.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.